Recruitment and selection is based on the ability to perform the job irrespective of sex, marital status, age, sexual orientation, race, colour, nationality, national origin, ethnic origin, disability or religion. Please look at our information on Equal Opportunities Monitoring for more details.
- The Online Recruitment System is designed so that personal details are separated from skills, knowledge and experience, so that assessment of application forms is based only on job related factors.
- Applications are assessed in a consistent manner to ensure equal treatment of applicants. An assessment form is used which sets down key job duties, necessary skills, knowledge and experience identified from the Role Profile and Managers Profile (if applicable) against which each application is assessed.
- Each candidate is assessed in a consistent and objective manner in the interview. An interview assessment form is used which sets down key job duties, necessary skills, knowledge and experience identified from the Role Profile and Managers Profile (if applicable) against which each application is assessed. The most appropriate candidate is then selected on an objective basis.
- Interview questions are consistent between candidates and are designed to gather the information necessary from the candidate to assess against the job requirements.
- Tests are used where appropriate to assist in assessing a candidate's ability to perform the job. The tests are designed to assess job related factors only.
- Interview selection panels will consist of at least two persons who have demonstrated competence in conducting interviews, one of whom will be the recruiting manager and, if available, a member of the WMCA’s Human Resources Team. Panel members may be drawn from across the business, particularly where the role requires liaison with internal and/or external stakeholders. In addition, team members may be asked to take part in an informal capacity, for example to administer a work related exercise, observe a presentation or welcome a candidate on their arrival.
- Referees will be contacted to provide information on specific related questions.