What is the Cultural & Creative Social Enterprise Development Programme?
This grant programme has been initiated by the WMCA Cultural Leadership Board to test new approaches in developing Cultural & Creative Social Enterprises through a pilot programme of small-scale interventions. The programme is supported by the Greater Birmingham & Solihull LEP, Black Country Consortium (LEP) and Arts Council England.
It is designed to provide a rapid pilot to address challenges raised by the Covid-19 epidemic, particularly for smaller, diverse-led organisations operating hyper-locally within their communities. It will provide an opportunity for selected Cultural & Creative Social Enterprises to focus on business development through a core grant and a tailored training & mentoring support offer. Participating organisations will also be resourced to support micro social enterprises in their area.
• A business development grant programme for Cultural & Creative Social Enterprises
• Looking to award two £30,000 grants to eligible Cultural & Creative Social Enterprises to develop their own business models, as well as support five micro-social enterprises
• No match funding required
• Applicants must be based and deliver their activity within the Greater Birmingham & Solihull or Black Country Local Enterprise Partnership (LEP) areas, see guidance for a full list of eligible places
• Not aimed at supporting day-to-day activity, but instead has a focus on organisational development (e.g. training and mentoring) to help organisations to reach the next stage in their development. This can include activity that will help you to mitigate the impacts of Covid-19 on your organisation
• Some of the grant funding will also be allocated for successful applicants to support additional five micro social enterprises in their area
• Applications to be submitted between 5 February – 1 March 2021
• Eligible and strong applicants will be invited to an interview either 8 or 10 March 2021
• Activity to be delivered between 5 April – 30 November 2021 (9 months)
Applications for this programme are now closed.