Adult Education Budget Procurement - Round Two
Last year the Adult Education Budget (AEB) was devolved to West Midlands Combined Authority and a first round of procurement was carried out focused on three lots:
- Training for unemployed residents
- Training for employed residents
From this we received over 120 tenders of which 47 were awarded and began delivery in September 2019.
We are now looking to complete a second round of procurement focused on:
Lot 4 – Support for those in employment (Estimated value up to £1.5m)
- Focus on new learning to support career progression
- A flexible adult offer to enable those who seek to re-train and up-skill
- Particular focus but not exclusive to those in low-paid, low-skilled and insecure jobs
- Level 2, 3 and 4
- Funding subsidies available to support L3 and L4
- Pre-apprenticeship provision that supports uptake of Apprenticeships
Lot 5 – Birmingham Commonwealth Games (Estimated value up to £1m)
- Particular focus on young people aged between 19 and 30 and unemployed adults aged 30+ through level 3 provision
- Technical skills at level 3 supporting event management, digital marketing, hospitality, sports coaching and team leading.
Lot 6 – Coventry City of Culture (Estimated value up to £500,000)
- Focus on creative, digital and tourism and in engaging communities and individuals who are not working to prepare to volunteer for the events.
- Engaging hard to reach groups to participate in learning using the City of Culture as an enabler leading to sustainable further learning and employment as part of its legacy.
- Key to delivering this is for providers to be involved in a range of community activity – a trusted partner and deliverer.
If you would like to find out more about the tender process there are two information events being held on 12 February:
Find out more and apply for funding