Skip to main content

Homelessness Advice

Link to local help in the region

Homelessness is not a devolved power to the Mayor of the West Midlands or West Midlands Combined Authority. The primary responsibility and statutory duty for homelessness sits at local authority level. Our role is to bring together organisations, people and resources to tackle homelessness and add value to the work of our local authorities

If you need practical help then you can use the Street Support link below which will connect you to help in your area or you can contact your local Homelessness Services through the links here:

Street Support Network

Street Support Network works to connect people and organisations to support those who need it the most.

Our website is an online hub to find out about homelessness, see what support is available, and see what you can do to help.

There’s a few reasons you might visit our website:

Find Help

  • The main reason for using our site is also the main reason it exists - to find help. Whether you’re experiencing homelessness, or you know someone who is, or you’re simply struggling with the increasing cost of living, we have resources to help you. It’s a one-stop-shop for accommodation, healthcare, food, employment services and more, all organised by location.

Give Help

  • As well as finding help, you can use Street Support Network if you’d like to give help. Whether you’d like to explore volunteering opportunities, offer items to your local organisations, or donate money, there’s lots of different ways to give.

You can also count on us for information. We have an advice section designed to help those experiencing, or at risk of experiencing homelessness, as well as local news, blogs, and more about who we are and what we do.

If you have a Q, it’s likely we have an A - and if we don’t, we’ll help you find one.


If you are concerned about someone over the age of 18 that you have seen sleeping rough in the West Midlands, you can alert the appropriate rough sleeper outreach teams via StreetLink. You can inform Streetlink by downloading the StreetLink app.

It is important to note that if you think the person you are concerned about is under 18 please do not contact StreetLink but instead call the police.

Download the StreetLink app here: