Date: 29th June 2022
About the Ideation Workshop
Aligning with the West Midlands Plan for Growth, the Innovation Accelerator will build on our Manufacturing and Engineering strengths and be focused on two key areas, HealthTech & MedTech and CleanTech.
On Wednesday 29th June, WMCA invites partners to join our Ideation Workshop 1, focussing on CleanTech, to help validate identified challenges and opportunities, refining areas of intervention requirements in preparation for expressions of interest opening on 11th July 2022.
Further details confirming the workshop venue will be circulated shortly.
- Welcome from Chair
- Overview and vision of Innovation Accelerators/ WM Innovation Accelerator
- Overview of strengths, barriers and initial thoughts on interventions
- Table discussions 1: Discussion opportunity and challenge areas
- Comfort break
- Table discussions 2: Discussion on intervention areas, both to validate areas, but also to start ideation process.
- Next Steps in the process
About the West Midlands Innovation Accelerator
Announced in the Government’s 2022 Levelling up White Paper, The West Midlands Innovation Accelerator serves the purpose of forging a new co-design relationship between the region and Government, ensuring the region benefits from the commitment to increase in overall UK public Research and Development (R&D) funding to £20bn by 2024/5.
The Innovation Accelerator will be funded through a share of a new £100m fund, to be divided by three regional Innovation Accelerators over the next three years, to bolster the region’s innovation and R&D capability and capacity to spark commercial growth and investment.
Access Further Information