Skip to main content

AEB Complaints Procedure

7. What the West Midlands Combined Authority Complaints Procedure does not cover.

This procedure does not cover the following: 

  • Providers that we do not contract with directly, including those who are delivering for another organization that we do fund, 
  • learners who are self-funded, 
  • Allegations of misuse of public funds or financial irregularity which we pass to Education and Skills Funding Agency allegations team, 
  • Awarding bodies or awarding body documentation/textbooks - you should issue the relevant awarding body with a formal complaint, 
  • Complaints about qualifications, examinations and tests, which you should direct to the Office of Qualifications and Examinations Regulation (Ofqual) complaints about inspections by the Office for Standards in Education, Children's services and Skills (Ofsted). 

We cannot help with complaints about: 

  • Issues that are more than 12 months old, 
  • Examination results, grades, marks assessment outcomes or curriculum content, 
  • governor or other voluntary employment issues at colleges and providers, 
  • Contractual or commercial disputes or arrangements between a provider and a party providing services to the provider or someone who is not a learner, 
  • Matters that are the subject of legal action,
  • Matters that are better investigated by the police (we will assess this on a case-by-case basis and will explain our decision to you), 
  • Claims for compensation, a refund of fees or costs incurred when a learner must transfer to another provider, 
  • Issues we have classified as serial (if this is the case, we will have informed you of this), 
  • Allegations of fraud, financial irregularity, whistleblowing and allegations of incentives or inducements from either providers or in the case of transfers, between two employers - these should be directed to the Allegations team via email to and 
  • Safeguarding concerns, which are not covered by the complaint's procedure, but we will pass these onto the appropriate team who will contact the provider. We may also contact other organizations such as Ofsted and local authorities, 
  • Complaints about the prevention of extremism and radicalization in post 16 organizations please email: and