Health Science and Care Services Plan
We want to support the growth of health and care professionals across the region and help address the skills gap in this sector.
The WMCA has developed a new skills and training plan for health and care, which sets out the training available across the West Midlands from entry through to degree level and the different routes that can be taken.
The plan covers a wide range of training, for people looking for their first job or who want to retrain to start a new career in health or care, and for those already employed in the sector who are looking for promotion or a new job.
There are more than 350 careers in the NHS, with approximately 1,500 jobs currently available in the West Midlands, while there are about 9,300 job vacancies in adult social care in the region at any one time.
If you would like to find out more about training, retraining or upskilling for jobs and qualifications in health and care, view our plan to find out what opportunities are available for you.
For more information on any of the Health Science and Care Services pathways, Please email email@example.com
ESOL for Care
WMCA are working with training providers to deliver ESOL courses that are linked to employment, by embedding some vocational content alongside the development of bespoke language skills.
These courses will better prepare learners for entering into employment and the ESOL For Care courses will be available in 2022 at a number of training providers across the region.
For more information, please email the contact at your local provider:
- City of Wolverhampton College: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Fircroft College: email@example.com
- Dudley College: Michael.Killin@dudleycol.ac.uk
- Adult Education Birmingham: firstname.lastname@example.org
- South Staffordshire College: Carol.Page@southstaffs.ac.uk
- South and City College Birmingham: email@example.com
- Coventry College: jayi-hyde@CoventryCollege.ac.uk
- Coventry Adult Education: firstname.lastname@example.org